Monday, October 3, 2011

Psalm 23:5

“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.”

We are merely instruments of the Lord. We are not our own, we were bought at a price. I see the table before me as an allegory to the relationship that God offers to us everyday. A guitar has no life of it's own. It was crafted by the hands of man, shipped to a store, and was given a price tag. With quality of wood, sound, and percussion the guitar may range in price. Depending on the musician, the guitar may come alive at anytime, at times used in the small confides of our room, sometimes in front of the people we truly care about, and sometimes used on a stage for all the world to see. The guitar does not take fame, or take credit for the sound it had made. I am having trouble on the actual application of this verse but this is what I have found within it. That my God desires to play the strings of my talents for His glory at any opportunity. We were crafted by the Lord, we were shipped to earth with a mission, we were given a price and sold to the evils of this earth, but yet the Lord sent His most precious son to buy back that which was already His. And now, He only desires to play. He wants me to play in the confines of my room, before the ones I love, and on the stage of the world. Although the guitar can play for all the world, that is not it's soul purpose or even ultimate goal. It is only called to be played. In acting we have a quote that is ingrained in all our heads “all the world's a stage.” I can use His relationship in this world to present it to my enemies so they can stand in awe at the table that I was blessed with. My cup runs over proves to me, that my God is always willing to shower me with the blessing of being played for His glory. We were anointed, we were called, to the battle of being played as loud as our strings can ring. This world is a stage, and God has called us to perform.

My application is to remember that people are always watching and listening, and that the music I play comes from my musician, not from my own strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment