Thursday, November 17, 2011

Acts 1:6


“So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom of Israel?”

Lord, will the rapture happen already? Lord, my back hurts so terribly, just kill me now so I can be with you. Lord, I have never sinned so deeply, I repent of my ways right now and just kill me quick before I screw up again. Lord, my heart is broken into the tiniest of pieces, please just end this pain and let me be with You. Many a times I have found myself asking these very questions and definitely more than once. In the depths of the weak, the pained, and the brokenhearted often times we just want the rapture to come right now! Even in the hearts of the strongest men, they long for the rapture to come everyday. Some of Christ's greatest warriors stared at Him and begged for Him to just finish all His work up and give the treasures that they have in store. Too me it only shows a beautiful picture of Christ's love. Say there was a perfect man who let Himself be killed for all the people of the world. On top of that, imagine this man coming back to life and offering a personal relationship with Him even though we let evil rule us everyday. He loves us more than we even know how to understand love and he has to watch us be beaten and marred all the days of this earth. He let His body break for us and still He watches His loved one's in the realm of evil. Who do you think wants to be in close relationship more, You? Or this Man? It must pain Christ to wait for the rapture. But He died for the whole world. We are called to love the world and not stand on rooftops waiting for Him to come. The more days we have before the rapture, the more of an opportunity we have to prove our faithfulness to Him. I will do my best to grasp the mission I am given and love Christ by loving His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment