Thursday, November 17, 2011

Acts 1:7

“He said to them, it is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed to His own authority.”

Oh how easy it is to hate this verse. You're in a tragic moment in life, all relationships are falling around you and you just want to just know, why? You think if you're given an answer than all will be okay again, you just need to know! I have a lot of questions, as many of you know, and nothing eats at me worst than unanswered questions. It will stumble me, cause hostility in me, blind me, cripple me, and basically distract me from all that really matters. What I realized is that if I were ever to get all the answers I wanted, I would no longer have a reason to search. No need to ask God or anyone because I already know. I would slowly watch myself envelop in pride and let fleshly riches enthrall me. Solomon, humbled and wise, was literally blessed with the gift of knowledge and wisdom. He was the smartest most intelligible man in the world at that time. What happened to him? He stopped asking, he stopped seeking a relationship with God. We're not meant to know all things on this earth for a reason, we aren't mature and loving enough to handle it! The journey of figuring out the answer is often times more important than actually receiving the answer. It keeps you diligent, humbled, seeking, attentive, in the word, in fellowship, in prayer, I could go on but I won't. I count it a s a blessing to not know the times or seasons that the Father has planned. He loves us enough to keep us asking. The day will come when all things are known, but they will be known to us while we stare at the face of God. My application is to embrace my questions and use them as an automobile to bring me closer to the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment