Friday, September 23, 2011

Isaiah 55:9

“For as the Heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.”

In 1 Samuel chapter 24:4 “Behold, I will deliver your enemy into your hand, that you may do to him as it seems good to you.” This verse really speaks wonder to me. Throughout the bible we see command after command from God deliberately speaking one way on how to fulfill His will. In this passage we see God give David a choice. And not just a should I put turkey or ham on my sandwich choice, the choice to assassinate the King of Israel or not. I would like to think that he was in such alignment with God and the plan for his life that his fleshly desires transformed into the pleasures of God. It was no longer a flesh decision or a God decision it became the loving decision that God wants for us, the one we strive to understand everyday of our lives. David's most desirable trait was a man after Gods own heart. I believe his deserving title came from these times when God gave him a choice instead of a clear direction he still chose God's love. I pray that I can transform my heart to a heart of David's. Today I will try to choose God's love in decisions in which I don't get to here his still small voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment