Saturday, September 17, 2011

Luke 17:8

“But will he not rather say to him, Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink'?

I find in myself that I often want to put God on my terms. When I'm done being angry, I'll serve Him. When I'm done with this sinful relationship, I'll serve Him. When the storms come, I'll build the boat that will protect me and deliver me to the other side. We put ourselves as Gods, and put the Lord in our time of laziness and downtime. When we're done doing what we care about and love, then we can give the Lord his time. Yes, this will qualify you as a “Christian” but are you truly seeking the Lord with your heart, mind, soul, and strength? It kind of goes hand in hand with the saying “I'm only a Christian on Sundays.” In Acts, we see Paul serve the Lord against the pain of his flesh, against his pride by being publicly humiliated before all the people he knew and loved, and laid down all the fears of dying and all the joys of living to give the Lord his supper when He called for it. Personally, I deal with this problem by thinking I'm to smart for this or that and seeking my own will above His. I will get a piece of pride, try to stand on my own, and eventually exhaust myself until I'm broken on my knees once again. This is a reoccurring process in my walk that I feel is my largest struggle. Yes, I've been a Christian my whole life and saved for as long as I can remember, but I worship myself above Him all to often. My “knowledge” becomes my idol and of course leaves me in ruins every time. My ultimate goal for Pottersfield, is to soften my heart for the Lord to such a point, that His deserved obedience will come before mine without hesitation.

Personally, I will strive to be supernatural for the Lord. Go against the flow of my fleshly desires and unnaturally place the Lord on the throne of my heart before every tiny situation I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment