Saturday, September 17, 2011

Luke 17:9

“Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him?”

The love we receive from God is perfect in all areas. In correction, in faithfulness, in compassion and that's just to name a few. He wants to grow us, strengthen us and protect us from the devices of the devil. When I am often praised in this world I find a sense of comfort and complacency. I know I've done it right, I can just do that same thing over and over again and go into auto-pilot. For example IBS, if I was praised on how good I was everyday I would get comfortable and quit seeking the Lord's will and go off my own talents. This in retrospect is small, but in the large scale look at Pastor's, if they were told how talented they were for every message they could get comfortable and prideful and speak from their own intellect and not God's counsel. Personally I believe the Devil can take things that seem pleasing and beautiful to man, even harmless and innocent, but within the heart can grow a seed of sin. Because the Lord loves us we are blessed on his timing, giving it to us when He decides. An unloving Father would give praise to the child whenever he kicked and screamed for it, growing a sinful selfish behavior that could lead to rebellion. A loving Father would work his son, correct him, and have enough compassion to grow him through the time of loneliness. If the son is wise he will understand that this type of love will bless him tenfold for the future ahead of him. Lord thank you for loving me enough to not bless me for every little thing I do.

Today I will do my best to humble myself after I pray and give it all to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment