Saturday, September 17, 2011

Luke 17:6

“So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.

I find myself being very humbled by this verse. For me it's a reminder of how unworthy we truly are, that if it was left up to us to work towards heaven the rate of success would be a whopping zero percent. That God looks down on our overwhelming sins and is able to see through all of it, and see us as his beautiful creation. It's humbling to think that even when you are walking with the lord for Xamount of years, and you've saved Xamount of people, we still cannot have enough faith to simply size up to one of the smallest seeds known to man. The love we receive cannot be altered from our end to the slightest degree. This verse ultimately proves to me the amount of God's love for us, even though our faith is small, our hearts are heavy, and our minds are darkened with countless numbers of sins, God loves me no less than that same day I took my first breath.

Today I plan to make even the tiniest of decisions with the help of Christ. Therefore, building my faith little by little with each tiny decision made and strive to prove this verse wrong with everything I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment